Sand | DHG Merino Roving | 50g by DHG
Ideal for needle and wet felting, spinning and fibre art, the extra fine fibre (≈19 micron, 80s on the Bradford Scale) is very soft to the skin and migrates easily into silk and cotton, making it ideal for nuno felted garments. Cool water and gentle throwing will felt the fibre; there is no need to use hot water unless rapid shrinking is required.
Available in 5g, 10g, 20g and 50g individually labelled packs, the fibre will be supplied in a continuous length and pulled, not cut, to prevent damage to the staple. All colours are repeatable while stock is available. The tops weight averages 23g/m, the length two metres per 50g.
The merino, sourced from Australian and South American flocks, is certified as mulesing free. It is processed and dyed in Italy by DHG to Oeko-Tex standards.
A few things you should know before you purchase ...
- All quoted weights and lengths are approximate;
- The actual colour of the fibre may vary from that shown on your monitor;
- There may be a slight difference in colour between batches. Your order will be fulfilled from the same batch, but we cannot guarantee that subsequent orders will be identical;
- With the exception of the 50g and 100g weights, the roving will be packaged folded;
- The 100g weight will be supplied as two 50g packs.